Geosyntec advises multinational manufacturing clients throughout the life cycles of their properties:
- Before operations begin, often supporting permitting, environmental due diligence (EDD), and environmental health and safety (EHS) strategy
- While in operation, including with environmental, social, and governance (ESG) support, status reporting, monitoring, and management of change, regulatory compliance
- After operations have ended, planning and executing closure and demolition, as well as managing legacy and claims
Manufacturers turn to us for technical services that empower them to strategically manage their operation and assets, resolve complex environmental issues, and navigate the environmental challenges commonly associated with environmental compliance, property transfers, and legacy site management.
Geosyntec works with corporate departments to develop environmental plans flexible enough to meet the needs of business units operating in around the world, while also meeting Australian regulatory standards. Our global presence means we are also adept at working in other jurisdictions, including Canada, the European Union and its member countries, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
We often support manufacturers of products associated with chemicals and plastics, electricity generation, transportation, pharmaceuticals, electronics, appliances, and paper products. Our practitioners apply broad practical experience to help clients manage and resolve the most difficult environmental problems—whether at operating facilities, closed plants, legacy sites, or other properties. For them all, we develop creative compliance solutions that empower them to identify, quantify, prioritise, and manage the environmental risks associated with ongoing operations and idle properties, establishing and maintaining environmental protection and management systems, health and safety and quality management systems, and other compliance plans.
- Environmental management systems
- Compliance monitoring, auditing, and reporting
- Regulatory liaison and negotiations
- Environmental site assessment/due diligence
- Site remediation and restoration strategies for legacy sites
- EHS auditing
- Human health and ecological risk assessments
- Remediation program management and remediation system installation, operation, and maintenance
To enable clients to identify and manage risk associated with their industrial, energy, water, real estate, and manufacturing portfolios, we offer years of experience preparing EDD, EHS, and compliance assessments of sellers’ and buyers’ companies and assets to identify the environmental liabilities. In this process, we investigate EHS risks and costs and conduct ESG assessments.
In addition, we support multinational manufacturing clients in Australia, internationally, and across borders as they navigate closure, guiding them as they consider full or partial closure of manufacturing assets, from front-end design through final site closure to repositioning the closed site for new uses.
We rely on our technical expertise, innovation, and operational experience to find solutions that are cost-effective, environmentally-sound, and efficiently executed.