Site assessments are often required to meet government planning requirements for construction projects. Geosyntec’s site investigation and remediation teams help our clients conduct environmental investigations to support many kinds of construction projects.
Reliable site assessment, no matter the scale or type of project
Our team routinely addresses residential and rural projects, construction of manufacturing facilities and airports, work on government lands, infrastructure projects, and mines. With experts in site auditing, site assessment, remediation, hydrogeology, hydrology, risk assessment, soil science, soil-vapour and landfill-gas mitigation, and project management, we address projects ranging from residential blocks to those the size of entire suburbs.
Site Assessment Services
- Due diligence assessments
- Preliminary and detailed site investigations (involving soil, groundwater, surface water, sediments, soil vapour, and hazardous ground gases)
- Contaminant fate and transport assessments
- Human health risk assessments
- Acid sulfate soil assessments
- Water management plans (for example, dewatering plans)
- Construction environmental management plans and subplans
EPA-certified auditors tailor investigations to build successful projects
Our people include auditors certified by the Environmental Protection Authorities in New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, Western Australia, the Northern Territory, and Tasmania, as well as Certified Environmental Practitioners (Site Contamination) specialists (CEnvP SC). We understand contaminated land requirements for construction projects and can tailor site investigations either to provide confidence that the site is already suitable for the proposed land uses or to build an effective remedial approach that will render the site suitable.
Our audit team supports construction services by conducting contaminated land audits and compliance audits (including New South Wales Independent Environmental Audits) and are often engaged by our clients as expert witnesses for construction projects. Visit our Audit Services page to find out more.
Pragmatic remediation strategies to reach compliance and realise development goals
When site assessments indicate remediation, Geosyntec partner with clients to design and implement sustainable, best-value remedial strategies. We also support regulatory compliance and offer stakeholder consultation.
Our experts rank among the world’s best in assessing and remediating many types of impacted and contaminated areas. With decades of experience implementing traditional technologies, a deep knowledge of new technologies, and research and skill in emerging technologies, we understand best approaches and, when appropriate, are first to the field with new environmental solutions.
Local and international experts in innovative remediation strategies
Developers seek us out for our local expertise and our international perspective on remedial options, for our record of balancing costs with tolerance for ongoing liability, and for the full range of remediation services, from remedy selection through design and execution. Geosyntec has been the remediation contractor or design engineer on projects across the country involving bioremediation, in situ stabilisation of sediment, and chemical injection and stabilisation, among other technologies.
Together with clients, our engineers, scientists, and innovators leverage chemical, physical, geological, and biological processes to manage exposure risks to a wide range of chemicals in the environment—especially those difficult to treat by conventional means. Using both standard and developing technologies, we help clients to find solutions for their most complicated sites, including sensitive and valuable land uses may have seemed impossible.
Remediation and Validation Services
- Soil and groundwater remediation
- Soil vapour and landfill gas remediation
- Remedial design and cost estimation
- Emerging contaminants solutions, including PFAS
- Hazardous materials assessment and remediation, including asbestos
- Remedial action plans and validation reports
- Environmental management plans
We have built a reputation for the following:
- Being an expert local and international team with technical knowledge accrued through a range of investigation and remediation projects, with five contaminated land auditors and various CEnvP SC on staff
- Having decades of experience assessing and remediating contaminated lands
- Tailoring remediation strategies meet to client requirements and produce cost-effective solutions, such as through the use of risk assessments
- Taking nonstandard approaches, when indicated, to achieve the best outcomes
- Employing practitioners who developed the technologies that others implement
- Being approachable and communicative
- Delivering quality outcomes on time and on budget
Collaborating with clients and each other, Geosyntec's engineers, scientists, and innovators leverage chemical, physical, geological, and biological processes to manage exposure risks to a wide range of chemicals in the environment, especially those difficult to treat by conventional means. Using both standard and developing technologies, we help clients to find solutions at burdensome sites for which making land suitable for more sensitive/valuable land uses may have seemed impossible.