Downstream chemicals and petrochemicals manufacturing and refining industries require integrated multidisciplinary technical services to strategically manage, plan, and resolve complex environmental issues. To do this, we do not rely on a standard, one-size-fits-all solution.
Instead, we help clients develop site-specific, focused, and innovative approaches to environmental permitting and planning; compliance management; site assessment and remediation; and property development and redevelopment.
Whether the site is a potential property, an operating facility, a retained liability, or a candidate for repurposing, we develop creative, best-value programs that use the latest proven technologies and regulatory flexibility to meet business objectives and schedules and minimise long-term compliance risk.
Our practitioners have significant experience in the following:
- Developing industrial facilities
- Creating schedules and budgets informed by environmental permitting and planning realities
- Negotiating with regulatory agencies and advocating for our clients
- Remediating soil and groundwater impacted by chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, oxygenates, and per- and polyfluoralkyl substances (PFAS)
For the chemical and petrochemical industry, we offer our expertise in water and wastewater, stormwater, and ecological and land compliance, as well as sustainability and remediation services.
Geosyntec is an industry leader in remediating chlorinated-solvent impacts to groundwater using advanced in situ bioremediation techniques developed by our own experts. We also offer deep expertise evaluating vapor intrusion, a critical exposure pathway with recent heightened regulatory attention.
We offer our chemical and petrochemical clients keen understandings of current and upcoming environmental regulations, as well as of the most common and most challenging compliance requirements that apply to their work. Using our hands-on experience and our technical expertise, we optimise the flexibilities in state and federal regulations to expedite approvals, start-up, remediation, and closures. Our practitioners also design solutions that optimise redevelopment options, and we are often retained to address and manage complex challenges associated with multiparty and high-profile sites.
- Site planning and permitting for air, land, and water
- Site feasibility analyses
- Brownfield site investigation and characterization
- Environmental due diligence
- Regulatory liaison
- Remediation system installation, operation, and maintenance
- Site management and regulatory strategies
- Assessment and remediation of light and dense nonaqueous-phase liquids (LNAPL and DNAPL)
- Human health and ecological risk assessments
- Vapor intrusion pathway evaluation
- Litigation support
- Environmental database/GIS management
- Natural source zone depletion assessment